Technical Notes v. 4.4
What is new?
- Scroll function of the mouse wheel is now available on the Preview
- Escape key may be used to close the window of the "SelectWindow" method
of the "SqlServer" class.
- Database manager can be now executed with or without monitor. A new
environment variable called "ALLOWNOMONITOR" has been added
for this purpose. This environment variable has to be defined in the
configuration file of the manager. Under the YES value the manager
will allow connections without needing to have the monitor started,
while under the NO value to work the monitor will necessarily have
to be started.
- New sort icon in the control list type.
- "SelectWindow" method of the "SqlServer" class.
Starting this version, the window focus is directly positioned in the
- Buttons with Hilight Border can now receive the window focus.
- Buttons with the "No Label" checked run actions pressing
the Intro key (Enter).
- PageUp and PageDown keys can be used in "Drop Edit" controls.
- Improvement of performance in the searches done from the Csql application
(Sql-interactive) and from the "SelectWindow" method of the "Sql" class.
- Under Windows Vista the "GetWindowsVersion" method of the "Module" class
now shows the right version.
- Starting this version, "Box type" controls may be represented
under XP mode by checking the new DRAWBOXINXPSTYLE variable as TRUE
(FALSE by default).
- New environment variable "REFRESHQUERYPROGRESSWINDOW" shows
the number of records before refreshing the progress window when searching
in the database with the buffering off.
- "Rclick" capture in "Text", "Percentage
box", "Spin", "Drop Edit" and "Drop
List" controls. Moreover, the right button may be used in all
the "Slider" control, not only in the button.
- Cosrep command has a new parameter called "NOSHOWSQLWINDOW" which
avoids showing the window with the Sql sentence information or the
differences that are found between the repository and the database.
- Cosmos-Java Communication. The business logics written under Cosmos
can be reused in Java using web architecture (light clients) or client-server
architecture. This will enable direct calls from Java to complex calculations
programmed under Cosmos (stock, billing, etc.) so now it will be unnecessary
having to reprogram the business logics of our application.
- Vertical text may be drawn using "Text" type controls from
the "Form" and "Page" classes and "Variable" controls
from the "Page" Class.
- New environment variable "PAGEOVERFLOWMESSAGE" which lets
you specify the message we want to show when Cosmos detects that the
generating report will not be completely visualized. This environment
variable is defined in the Environment Global section of the Cosmos
- New environment variable "DRAWCHECKRADIODISABLEDASENABLED" that
gives to the Check and Radio buttons the same visual appearance, whether
they are enabled or not. This environment variable is defined in the
Environment Global section of the Cosmos configuration file. The supported
values are TRUE and FALSE, being FALSE by default.
- Escape key can now be used to close a "Calendar" control.
Cosrep. When generating a Sql file from the repository an "Alter
Table" sentence will be created per table with each of the differences
founded between the repository and the database. No "Alter table" instruction
per table will be created any more.
- Cosmos. An access to the editor of the development environment data
diagram has been added.
Methods of the SimpleControl
- IsFolded. This method returns TRUE when a "DropEdit" or "DropList" control
is folded and FALSE when it is unfolded.
Methods of the "Prnpag32.dll"API
- SetXPos. Sets up the X position of a page control regarding its primary
- SetYPos. Sets up the Y position of a page control regarding its primary
- CalculateAndSave. Recalculates the size of the page and of the page
controls, and the number of the visual elements that has each printing
control of group type, saving the modifications in the "PAG" file
that receives as parameter.
- Creates reports with Cosmos Documents Page, enabling reports with
graphics components which provides a more attractive look to the user.
- Creation of Stylesheets for report customization. With this option
the user may select colours, fonts, etc, for each of the report elements,
being the EasyReport the tool in charge of applying those values in
Editor of Data Conceptual Scheme
- The result of a Sql "select" sentence may be now included
in a Data Conceptual Scheme in one or more tables of the database.
The EasyReport editor allows modifying the following attributes:
- Source type and size.
- Text and background colour.
- Background pattern. The possible values are: Solid or Transparent.
- Horizontal alignment of the columns text.
Those attributes can be modified for each element of the report allowing
to visualize the changes in real time.
Export a Report into an
New button in the "drw" of the Cosmos Preview to export the
reports generated with the Cosmos "Page" class into a Microsoft
Excel spreadsheet when working with MS Office 2002 or later. Only "csv" report
extension saving is available for MS Office 2000.
"ttchartdll.dll" enables generating the following graphical
- XY: Bar and line charts. The DLL enables
the creation of different data layers which may be compatible between
them or not (bars, lines and areas).
- Pie: Cylindrical and torus pie charts.
The functions that implements this DLL are the following:
- ChartAddLegend: Defines the legend in the
- ChartEnableBlur: Enables the fog effect
in the chart control.
- ChartIsHorizontal: This function allows
to consult whether the graphic has exchanged its X and Y axis.
- ChartLayerSet3D: Allows to see if the nchartlayer
data layer of the "UserControl" control chart that is indicated
by hWindow will appear in two or three dimensions.
- ChartLayerIs3D: Allows to consult if the
nchartlayer data layer of the chart control defined in hWindow will
be drawn in three dimensions.
- ChartRemove: Liberates the memory space
used by a chart leaving the "UseControl" available for another
- ChartSetPanelBackColor: Allows to define
the background colour of the data control in a XY chart type.
- ChartSetTitle: Shows the title text that
will appear in the top of the chart control.
- ChartSetXAxysLabels: Defines the labels
that will appear under the X axis of each element of the chart control.
- ChartSwapXY: Allows to swap the X and Y
axis position, so that X will become the vertical axis and Y the horizontal
- InitChartWindow: Initialises the "UserControl" window
in where the chart will be drawn.
- NewChartElement: Adds a new element to
the nchartlayer data layer of the chart of
a "UserControl" window defined by hWindow.
- NewChartLayer: Creates a new data layer
in the chart control.
- NewPieChart: Defines a new pie or torus
chart control in the UserControl window that is given as a parameter.
- NewXYChart: Defines a new XY chart type
(bars, lines and areas) in the UserControl window that is given as
- RemoveChartElement: Erases a layer element
of a chart.
- SetChartBackColor: Defines the background
colour of the chart.
- UpdateChartElement: Changes the value and
the attributes of a layer element of a chart.
DBManager is an application designed to make more comfortable the management
of databases created with CSTQL, Cosmos or the MultiBase engine.
With the DBManager the database manager may easily make inquiries of
tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys, stored procedures, triggers and
views that make up the database with providing an overview of the database.
In the same way the database manager will be able to create, modify
and delete tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys, triggers and views.
For this purpose the application has several tabs that shows information
of the different components of the database.
What is fixed?
When comparing a repository with 8 fields index database, the rest
of the indexes were ignored.
When repositories with 8 fields index were generated, the rest of the
indexes were not generated.
- "GetListText" method of the "SimpleFormControl" class.
In a tree list type control it returned unreadable information when
trying to consult the value of a non-existing node.
- To disable all the options of a submenu it is not necessary any more
to go one to one. Now it is enough to disable the father option.
- When a button in an application form with No Label and Standard border
received the focus this was not marked.
- "GetListColumnText" method of the "SimpleControl" class.
The size of the returned chain was reduced to 256 characters.
- The "GetFileDate" method of the "Module" class
did not take into account the Daylight Savings Time, so it returned
one hour less than the real time.
- Ctsql Windows.
A problem in the Windows Ctsql engine when creating temporary tables
could cause the error message: "impossible to create a temporary
- "RemainingSpace" method of the "SimpleControl" class.
Under certain circumstances it returned an erroneous value what could
cause that the last band of a BandGroup control was not printed properly.
- When defining in a control a number from 0 to 9 as keyboard shortcut
the numeric keypad became unavailable.
- "GetObject" method of the "SimpleControl" class
In the case of null object it returned the ActiveX control.
- Even when no records were read the "Fetch" method of the "SqlCursor" class
made modifications of the host variable values.
- Even when a "datetimepicker" type EDIT control had defined
the "on error" event to see the calendar this one was not
- "Percentage box" control under XP with Ticks mode.
Resources could not be released.
- "Datetimepicker" type "Edit field" control.
The "EditChange" notification was not send.
- Resources were not released when loading the icons of the ico file.
- When the number 3 was assigned to a hotkey and AltGr-3 was pressed
to write the "#" symbol, Cosmos executed the action associated
to the hotkey instead writing the "#".
- The icon was not shown in an "Edit Field" control under
XP mode with the properties combo and icon.
- The DEACTIVEDPKCOLOR and DEACTIVEDTEXTCOLOR properties of the RadioButton
and Check controls did not show the requested colour.
- Under certain circumstances the variables defined as TRANSPARENT
in Cosmos reports did not show this property.
- When clicking in a grid header to realign a specific column using
the "Automatic sort" property in a "Grid" control
the "Where" clause used to get lost.
- When selecting the printer with "AttachPrinter" the "GetPortName" method
did not return the right port.
- In some HP printers when printing with "prnpag32.dll" the
selected source type and size for a report was not maintained.
- Cosrep. When creating a "smallint" field type with default
value of -1 the generated Sql sentence was: "Alter «table
x» add «column y» smallint default -1". A syntactic
error used to take place when executing that sentence.
- Revision of different errors occurred when Cosmos communicated through
sockets (remote services).