Technical Notes v. 5.6
It is mandatory to recompile the application if it was compiled with previous versions of Cosmos.
It is mandatory to modify the programs in the application if it uses the prnpag32.dll dll. Some functions have changed the type of some parameters from "smallint" to "integer".
- The information in the Find in Files tab of the Output window is shown by columns.
- New option in the popup menu (right mouse button) that allows to copy a line to the clipboard.
- Code insight.
- In this version you can change el color of the tokens in the code editor.
- New shortcut [Ctrl]+[Space] in the Code section of a class. Cosmos will show a list of objects, constants, variables, controls, methods and properties that starts with the letter(s) at the left of the cursor.
- Ability to locate the definition of an item of the application of a simpler way. In this new version, pressing [Ctrl] + [t] over the item, the mouse cursor will be positioned in the place where the item is defined.
From this version, the database manager will generate, optionally, a file of statistics where information on the execution of SQL statements is displayed in connection to the database:
- Prepare, Open, Execute, Fecth of every SQL statement.
- Time taken in the execution by every function of the SQL statements.
If the client application is a Cosmos application, the DBMS will take into account in the statistics all the SQL statements executed by the Cosmos Runtime in the predefined commands (EditUpdate, Add, etc) and the pure SQL statements executed with the methods of the SqlCursor class, SqlStatement class and SqlServer class.
For further information see the PDF document
- GetUrlFileEx. The function has been modified to accept the sftp, scp and https protocols.
- CallWebService. The method has been modified in order to accept up to 32.767 bytes in the “headerSend” parameter.
- New method CallWebServiceEx. This method allows to connect to a web service. The difference between this method and the method CallWebService is that, instead of a string with the information that the method must send to the web service, the new method receives a file path as parameter. This file has the information that the method must send to the web service, so the limitation of 32.767 bytes in the headerSend parameter is removed.
- The limitation of 32.767 lines in the source code of a debugged module has been removed.
- Code editor. The limitation of 32.767 lines in the source code of a edited module has been removed.
- The limitation of 32.767 elements in a Preview print has been removed.
- The Interactive-Sql tool (Csql.exe) allows to run a single selected statement.
- Grouped lists (ShowMultiColumnGroupDlg and ShowListAsMultiColumnGroup methods). New environment variable SHOWAGGSINCOMPACTMODE. This environment variable allows to show the group total header when the list is in compact mode without detail and the group node is closed.
SimpleControl Class Methods
ListInvokeAcceptEdit. This method allows to accept the edition in a List Box Control, so the programmer can define a shortcut that allows to perform the action. The [Enter] key will perform the same action. The definition of a new accelerator don’t disables the default shortcut.
ListInvokeCancelEdit. This methods allows to cancel the edition in a List Box Control, so the programmer can define a shortcut that allows to perform the action. The [Esc] key will perform the same action. The definition of a new accelerator don’t disables the default shortcut.
GetListMultiColumnGroupStr. This method returns a string with the configuration value of a grouped tree list created with the ShowListAsMultiColumnGroup or ShowMultiColumnGroupDlg methods.
GetListStatusStr. This method returns a string with attributes of the columns of the List Box control (String or Sql), drop edit and drop list.
SetListStatusStr. This method allows to modify the attributes of the columns in a control of type List Box (String or Sql), drop edit and drop list.
Module Class Methods
Char Class Methods
- Translate. This method allows to replace characters in a Char class object. The characters listed in the first parameter will be replaced in the object by the corresponding characters listed in the second parameter. The method modifies the value of the Char object.
APIs. New functions
TTXMLDLL API functions
- TTXmlApplyXSLTAndSave. This function allows to create a new document from an XML file with data and a style file. The new document can be a different file than an XML.
- TTXmlUpdateNodeContent. This function allows to modify the content of an XML node.
- TTXmlUpdateNodeName. This function allows to change the name of an XML node.
In this version, we have performed corrections in the following components: